Hosting a party by video chat is very different from doing it in person. But it’s still lots of fun! It’s a lot easier and more fun than you might think if you follow a few simple guidelines – check out our top 10 tips below:
- Send out an E-Invitation – websites such as this one have great templates for birthday parties.
- Pick a theme for the party– and let your family and friends know in advance.
- Give your family and friends plenty of advance instruction – in case some aren’t familiar with video chat platforms, such as Zoom, give them a few tips and guides before you start the party!
- Create the right setup for your guests and you – it’s best to use a big screen if possible and ensure there isn’t strong light behind you.
- Make it festive! – Dress up in your party clothes and hang up bunting; and balloons!
- Send party decorations to your friends and family! – how about sending party hats and party blowers, and the essential paper party plates, bowls, napkins and cups to your friends prior to the event?
- Share fantastic recipes ahead of the day – and all enjoy fun food!
- Be prepared to lead the conversation – if you notice someone watching but staying quiet, draw them into the conversation! Children may be shyer over video than face to face.
- Play virtual party games! – some favourites include Pictionary, Scavenger Hunts, and a Selfie Competition.
- Make sure there’s cake and presents – after all, what would a child’s birthday party be without them?
Click HERE to check out our entire U. Party range – including essential tableware and décor as well as giftwrap and giftbags.